Areas of expertise
- Corporate Insolvency
- Personal Insolvency
Qualifications & Membership
- BBus (Accounting) – University of Western Sydney
- Registered Liquidator
- Member, CA ANZ
- Member, ARITA
- Justice of the Peace
John Refalo is a Senior Manager and Registered Liquidator who has over 12 years of experience in corporate and personal insolvency. John has had exposure to a number of industries including entertainment, hospitality, security, education, information technology, management, building and construction.
- Successfully traded the “Dinner by Heston” restaurant to allow employees to be paid their entitlements during the Provisional Liquidation and Liquidation.
- Successfully traded a lifts installation business whilst exploring the best outcomes for creditors via proposals for a Deed of Company Arrangement.
- Traded a security monitoring business whilst handling and completing a ‘Sale of Business’ campaign to ensure existing services to customers continued to be maintained.
- Involved in the reorganisation of a syndicated facility via Deed of Company Arrangement involving investors with investments exceeding $9million.
- Involved in a number of consulting opportunities of fast-food stores to determine trading capabilities.
- Conducted the forensic tracing of unpaid invoices of a sub-contractor affected by the liquidation of a former Government Contractor.
- Handling the sale of a distressed go-kart business whilst dealing with landlord issues and pressure from major bank.
- Being a guest speaker at the 2019 Western Sydney University LEAD program.
- Wrote a well-reviewed article titled “5 reasons why small businesses fail” published on Flyingsolo.com.au.