Areas of expertise
- Business Recovery and Turnaround
- Business Insolvency
- Forensic Accounting
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Business in Accounting- Western Sydney University
- Bachelor of Laws- Western Sydney University
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice- College of Law
- Postgraduate Diploma in Insolvency Law- University of Technology
- Advanced Certificate of Legal Business Skills- College of Law Sydney
Joseph has over 10 years of experience in corporate reconstruction and insolvency. He is able to identify and address the competing interests of various stakeholders and achieve the best possible outcome for all parties concerned. Joseph is personable, a clear communicator, and mindful of the complexities of his work and the emotions involved.
Joseph has spent the majority of his career working with many of Australia’s most experienced and widely regarded insolvency practitioners. His range of experience includes voluntary administrations, liquidations, receiverships, deeds of company arrangement, and creditors’ trusts across a variety of industries predominantly in the small and medium-sized industry market. Joseph has aided in the preparation and delivery of a range of expert witness reports in complex insolvencies. He was also recently admitted as a Lawyer of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
Joseph has a keen interest in sport, politics, and history. He regularly volunteers his time and assistance to the Starlight Children’s Foundation.
- Assisted in the preparation and delivery of a high profile expert witness report involving transaction analysis and forensic reporting, commenting on methodologies adopted by other experts, and formulation of alternative conclusions where the aggregate value of claims exceeded $250 million in value and transactions dated back to the late 1980s.
- Involved in the administration and subsequent liquidation of a large company that specialised in the design, supply, and installation and commissioning of combined cycle power plants, steam and power generation plants. The matter primarily involved the successful construction of the Fuel Cogen Power Plant project at Worsley, Western Australia at a cost of over $300Million to the conclusion of the project.
- Assisted in the restructure of a major shopping centre owner/operator, which saw unsecured creditor claims paid in full. The matter is widely acknowledged for its precedent value, having generated an increased understanding and use of successful creditors’ trusts in the restructure of financially distressed companies.
- Successfully involved as a key team member of the number one corporate restructure of 2013 as ranked by Smart Company Australia. Included trading and sale of business of a regional menswear group that resulted in a significant return to the financier and ensured the survival of a store group.