Our energy sector practice represents one of our newest areas of expertise. We address the financial challenges of both upstream and downstream renewable energy businesses. We offer specific services in renewable solar and wind energy consulting, waste-to-energy consulting, government liaison and off-take advisory.
Our experience has included:
- Successfully negotiating supply contracts to Australia from China in respect of wind turbines and solar panels.
- Review/assistance in restructures of 2 renewable electricity power stations.
- Negotiations to purchase a major power station.
- Negotiations on behalf of a Chinese client to purchase a major waste recycling processor.
- Negotiation on behalf of China’s third-largest bio-diesel manufacturer to purchase facilities in Australia.
Hartogen Oil and Gas Group
Brian Silvia was appointed as provisional and official liquidator to Hartogen Oil and Gas Group, an oil and gas producer prospector (now Origin Energy). We maintained the company’s exploration and production program, sold key tenements and managed the sale of Consolidated Petroleum Australia NL, an associated company via a reverse takeover. A major preference claim was also initiated against the company’s major shareholder; recovered approximately $25 million from the claim.